Direct CDex generations of Flac files
Actually, ripping to FLAC is very easy in CDex, can be done on the fly, and doesn't, thankfully, involve the CLI:
Now ripping to FLAC will work just the same as ripping to any of the internally supported formats.
- Install the FLAC encoder from http://flac.sourceforge.net/
- In CDex, set the Encoder to "External Encoder"
- Do not check "Don't delete ripped WAV..."
- Point the Encoder Path to flac.exe (mine is "C:\Program Files\FLAC\flac.exe", which is probably the default)
the Parameter String to "-8 -o %2 -T "artist=%a" -T "title=%t" -T
"album=%b" -T "date=%y" -T "tracknumber=%tn/%tt" -T "genre=%g" -" (this
is where the magic happens; see below)
- Bitrate is irrelevant (I left mine at 128)
- File Extension is "flac"
- You can check "Hide DOS box..." if you want (I don't because it show progress, but you might not care)
- Check both "Send WAV header..." and "On-the-fly..."
Other music technology resources